Irs Audit Red Flags I Am A W2 Employee And I Need Help Writing Off Business Expenses?

I am a w2 employee and I need help writing off business expenses? - irs audit red flags

Hello,

I am a W2 employee for a company and just need your advice to see if I can still add a little too overboard in my deductions.

Even if I am a W2 employee and I use "standard deduction" I can dampen business expenses that were not repaid during the work of the year.

I am asking about $ 1200 for my phone thats (all related work and a figure of 90% business use)

Approx. U.S. $ 475 for work clothes
Approx. U.S. $ 600 for laptops and PDAs
And over 8500 miles of road non mi. For example, while driving real estate clients ETC.

I have about $ 51,000 this year and I am with audited revenues, because they cause fear or documents, so I need to know whether this number is too high and could be a red flag for the examination of the increase, "IRS. I wanted you and go ask.

Please share. Thank you!

Brandon

5 comments:

Wayne Z said...

If you use the standard deduction, you can not deduct the unreimbursed cost of labor. You must list.

------

The complete list of spending over $ 6397.50. You must subtract 2% of their income ($ 1020). Thus, it remains at $ 5377.50, which is longer than the standard deduction for a bit. Also add the state taxes and charitable contributions (if any).

Personally, unless your state taxes are very high, you can not deduct the cost of labor, without supporting documents and records.

Wayne Z said...

If you use the standard deduction, you can not deduct the unreimbursed cost of labor. You must list.

------

The complete list of spending over $ 6397.50. You must subtract 2% of their income ($ 1020). Thus, it remains at $ 5377.50, which is longer than the standard deduction for a bit. Also add the state taxes and charitable contributions (if any).

Personally, unless your state taxes are very high, you can not deduct the cost of labor, without supporting documents and records.

jpr30200... said...

It does not purport to list, but if you had no receipts or records, I would have no chance. Would be disqualified if you are audited.

Judy said...

Well, first, not to cover employees reimbursed business, you have to detail - you can not do if the standard deduction.

Second, if your employer is required, but do not pay back, you get the SCR and sea by the employer. If you go for a refund, then have to be deducted before we can deduce the rest.

Workwear are deductible only if it is a kind of uniform.

The mobile phone, laptop and PDA are quite unstable, but it can be used as well, and if they are needed.

Finally, none of the records and income, you're toast if you try to deduct. They have a reasonable opportunity to examine, and then out of luck.

the tax lady said...

It will not work.
Even if you have any recordings of dollars and revenues are not added together.

1. Why not your company reimburse you for all this? Although most employees are charged on short mileage (for example, 30 cents, while located in the Federal 485), often give.
2. Without records, you're dead in the water. "I'm sure you can prove you bring your car 20,000 miles last year, but how do you prove that 8500 for the position.
3. The total amount is $ 6400th Less than 2% of AGI falls to $ 1020 $ 5380. Get $ 5350 by your breath. If you have any further deduction is not worth the $ 30.

You also require that he more than 10% of their wages in unreimbursed costs to be spent so out of control, calls for a revision.

Post a Comment